Near Naharlagun Police Station
Neharlagun 791 110
Tel: 91-360-244453, 246250
Oju Welfare Association was established in 1979. It is a non-profit making, non-political, non-governmental philanthropic organization based in Nagalagun, Arunachal Pradesh. It works for the empowerment of women and the welfare of children to achieve a holistic socio-economic and environmental development of communities in Arunachal Pradesh.
Achievement of Oju Welfare Association
How do Oju operate?
- Short stay home for 30 destitute women.
- Financial aid to 80 students<
- Maintenance of 200 destitute children
- Educational complex
- Orphanage (Shishu Greh) giving shelter to 22 children
- Ashram school for 150 primary students
- Hostel for 100 students
- Mobile dispensary
- Two hospitals/dispensaries with 10 beds each
- School up to secondary level with 425 students enrolled
- Computer education for school students
- Working women's hostel
- Vocational training for 30 women
- Loan to six deserving women to buy auto rickshaws as a means of income generation
- Exhibition of craft products
- Setting up of employment cum income generating units benefiting 50 women
- Training on weaving
- Two Crèches
- Condensed course for primary education
- Family counseling center
Future plans are:-
- Campaigning on development related issues.
- Awareness generation through training, workshops, seminars and advocacy.
- Vocational training and production support
- Rehabilitation services to orphans and destitute women, irrespective of religion, cast, creed and community stands.
- Host proactive-innovative ideas for socio-economic and environmental development
- Institutional and financial support for educational development.
- To establish a pre-school training center for orphan children in far flung areas of the state
- Vocational and rehabilitation training center for destitute women in other districts of the state.
- Outreach extension program to preserve the traditional customs and culture of the tribal people in the
- Community awareness about health and hygiene in far flung areas of the state through a mobile van.
- Seminar and orientation programs for manpower development and education of the society.
Share on Facebook